Friday, July 25, 2008

Mammoth

I'm heading to Mammoth this weekend. Here's a video of my last 2 trips there.



The first trip was an end of the summer last chance kind of trip 2 years ago. We had one good run. On the others we had flat tires, a brake cable pulled right out when I squeezed the brake, and Mike had his rear derailluer fall off. These were on the cheap Giant rental bikes. Luckily we stopped at Lower Rock Creek on the way home and had a great ride on our own bikes.

The 2nd trip was much better. We had a day of riding at Mammoth on the way to Tahoe. Then on the way back from Tahoe we stopped at Lower Rock Creek again, this time we had a driver to shuttle us and didn't have to ride all the way back up to the car.

2 comments:

owenandbenjamin said...

Cool video. I haven't ridden at Mammoth in years. What's it like there nowadays?

Jeff said...

Two summers ago I rode there for the first time since the early 90s. I think it's a blast and it's one of my favorite places to ride. Lift tickets are $39 now, but they have enough trails to where you can't even get to them all in 1 day - and that's without any uphill riding. Trails for all abilities too.